How Various Companies Are Using Technology to Help Businesses
Technology now impacts all aspects of our lives. It should come as no surprise that technology has also had a positive impact on business. In fact, there are many technologies that have already changed the face of business as well as some that are currently making a big difference. Some of these innovations are making it easier to start and run a business in many different ways. To help you better understand what these technologies are capable of, we are going to highlight what a few different companies are doing to change business as we know it.
Table of Contents
How Technology Has Changed the Face of Business
No matter where you look, you can see technology and how it has impacted an aspect of your daily life. It is something that has impacted business as well. Just 20 years ago, times were simpler; but now that technology has come to the scene, it has taken everything by force, including business. Here are just a few technologies and how they have changed the face of business forever.
- Mobile applications – Today, people have the option of looking up businesses and anything else that comes to mind whenever they want. Mobile technology has changed the way people view the world and now everything is connected. This includes business because now companies are creating mobile applications so they can be readily accessible to their target market whenever needed. It is hard to find a business today that does not have a mobile application, and there are some businesses that are looking to find ways to capitalize even more on this aspect of technology.
- Cloud computing – Even if you have not paid attention to any of the other technological advancements, you have still likely heard about cloud computing and how it can impact your business. This is not just a way for you to put all of your digital storage online, but it is also the gateway to even more expansion. Online computing goes hand in hand with mobile applications because with both set up, businesses do not have to worry about being able to keep up with customer demand or if their server or internet will crash during a large mobile sale. The fear of crashes and losing data can be thrown out the window with the right provider, and that is exactly what companies have been using the cloud for. They can now provide a stronger benefit to their customers and do not risk losing people because of instability.
- Customer segmentation – Another great benefit of technology is that businesses are able to learn more about their customers. They can learn more now than they ever could before, and this allows marketing teams to focus on targeted markets. This also allows for more eventual sales and growth of the business. With so much data available, it would be a dumb move to not use it to better your business and your relationship with customers. Many companies are doing it these days because the technology is available and it allows them to take their business even further than they ever thought possible and further than they could have got without the technology.
- Outsourcing – One of the biggest ways that companies have started using technology is as an avenue of outsourcing. Companies want to be able to focus on what they know best, and they can do that when they outsource some other functions of the business to companies that focus on it. You do not have to hand over everything to them if you do not want to; you can simplify your current practices by utilizing services and programs that other companies have created. This is typically something that is charged for but it is cheaper than other options, which is exactly what we will explore later in the article. Outsourcing is a smart move for many companies and it has become extremely popular in the business world.
The Benefits of Using Technology
Technology has been an inclusion into the business world that has completely changed and shaped the way that people do business. Not only has it made such an impact, but there are also many benefits that companies can enjoy by simply using the technology available to them. While technology improves the day-to-day aspects of business, one of the most common advantages is the cost benefit. Here are some of the benefits that technology provides.
- Cost savings – Technology will save businesses money over the long term. While it may not seem to save any costs in the very beginning because of having to implement programs and adapting to them, it will be seen later. With so many types of technology available, you can find exactly what you need, no matter what it is. That means that you can save money by using technology or a program instead of hiring someone to do it or even trying to create your own infrastructure. There are always ways you can use technology to lower your bottom line, and that is exactly what companies do on a regular basis.
- Automation – One of the best benefits of having technology at your side is that you are able to begin automating tasks that were once things that took up a lot of time. Instead of spending time on small tasks that have to be done, you can use technology to make these tasks easier for you and your employees. You will not have to put in nearly as much effort to ensure that they are done correctly and on time. The beauty of automation is that you can set it and forget it until you have to update it again.
- Easier and better storage – If your business is still using a non-technology-based method of storing all of your important files, it is likely not as secure as it should be and it may not even be as organized as possible. That is one of the drawbacks of storage options that are not technology based. While it was the only method of storage for many years, there is now a better option that can provide a more organized storage method; it will take up a lot less space and will be easier to navigate. You can even take back some of the valuable space in your business that has been taken up by physical files. While it may take some time to convert all files, it will be worth it in the end.
- Easier sharing of information – One of the things that can slow your employees down is having to find the best ways to share information necessary for the job at hand. Technology can make this even easier and faster for your employees. This is partly because of a better filing system online, but also because there are new methods that can be used such as email and instant messaging. Your employees will be better able to communicate with their colleagues, but they will also be better able to communicate with customers and get them the information in more preferred ways.
- Faster response time – Without the right technology in place, there are many different things that can slow down response time. This is not just internally, but also externally. This can be tied into the better storage benefit because your employees will be able to reach the files they need and gather the information required to develop an answer both internally and externally. They will not have to go through many different boxes to find the right data; instead, they can use their various programs to find what they need as quickly as possible.
- Increased speed – Technology is a great thing that, when used together with various aspects of it, can create a well-oiled machine for your business. That means that over time, as people get used to using the technology available to them, they will become better at using it. Also, because of this, they will be able to get more work done in the same amount of time simply because they were provided with the right tools to get the job done. This increased speed will allow you to service more customers as well as lower your bottom line so your business can do more work and make more money.
Examples of Companies with Technology that Businesses can Utilize
There are many different types of technologies that are perfect for small businesses and can help any business go a bit further. Whether you are just starting out or you are simply looking for a way to further your business with technology without spending too much money, these companies can help you to achieve your goals. These are only a few examples of companies that provide technology that can be utilized by small businesses. If you do not find what you are looking for in this list, a quick search can help you find the perfect solution.
If you are tired of doing your bookkeeping and other accounting tasks every day, then Bench is the solution that you have been looking for. Bench is a company with intuitive software that does your bookkeeping for you. One of the most difficult tasks that businesses have to take care of is their bookkeeping. It is imperative that you do not go over budget, which is another way for you to make sure you are making a profit. If your bookkeeping is not maintained, it can be difficult to determine if you are reaching your goals or being profitable in your business. It is an extremely imperative component of running your business. However, while it is a very important part of the business, bookkeeping is also one that can take up a lot of time, and there are some people who may not even know how to do it correctly. That is where Bench comes into the picture.
Proving various benefits for employees can be difficult for some small businesses to do. If you have been having trouble trying to determine an affordable way to provide a 401(k) option to your employees, then it is time to consider Guideline. Guideline makes the 401(k) process simple for both the employer and the employee. It is easy for a business to set up a 401(k) option for their employees and it is even easier for employees to enroll and start saving their own money for retirement. As they say, it is everything you want in a retirement account and more.
For many small businesses and startups, another thing that they have trouble with is getting the right legal documents in place. LegalNature is the solution to that. There are a lot of different legal documents that should be used in a variety of situations, and knowing what those are or what they should say can be a lot to keep up with. When you use the services of LegalNature, however, you do not have to spend time researching what you need to do or even fail to do it at all and put yourself at risk. LegalNature provides the sample documents you need to ensure that you are always prepared and legally protected. Beyond that, they also offer articles to help you better understand what you may need in specific situations.
HR is a big component of any business, and if you are going to make sure your employees are kept happy, then you need to have some sort of HR practices set up. There are so many different aspects of HR, and if you do not yet have the money to hire someone to take care of this full time, then your solution could be Gusto. Gusto provides a way for you to manage HR, benefits, and even payroll through their platform. You have the option of choosing just one of their products or their entire suite of products for your business.
These are just a few of the companies that are making an impact with their technology innovations. It is amazing to see these different companies coming up with new technologies that have the ability to drastically change the way business is done. These companies are definitely impressive, and it will be interesting to see how their innovations change things in the next few years as well as the new technologies that are created. Technology can only get better from here, and business will be one of the areas that experiences the direct impact.